Saturday, December 8, 2012

Google me.




When you google "Emily Roche," you find an actor (who isn't me) and a writer (who also isn't me).  However, if you google "Emily J Roche" or "Emily Jean Roche," you also find Not Me.  Now, as I would like to eventually be know well enough to sell a book, I am going to make a blatant attempt to change my online anonymity. I have no idea how to do that, mind you, but  I'm sure it has something to do with creating content online.  Look, my first blog post! Huzzah! 


I know it's important to create content about what I am passionate about. 
When I first started with twitter, I felt like I didn't have anything to say. It was boring, but I discovered that the more I was on the site the more I tweeted.  Imagine that. Likewise, before I started vlogging, I thought I didn't have anything interesting to say.  But if I talk about books that interest  me, then perhaps they interest other people, too.  

A quick note about my YouTube channel snap synopsis: In preparation for publishing my own YA fantasy novel, I struggled with making a concise synopsis of the story. I have a friend who "never has time to read." But she wanted to know what happens in "Breaking Dawn." I found myself telling a lengthy plot and then I missed parts and had to go back. Clearly, I needed practice on telling the plot succinctly. I decided to practice on books I've read--writing my own snap synopses. 

No comments:

Post a Comment